Experienced Advocate Who Will Work Tirelessly For You
Robert J. Kor
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
- Employment Discrimination
- Civil Litigation
Robert Kor is a lifelong resident of West Hartford and has a long history of community service. Following law school, he became a VISTA volunteer assigned to Neighborhood Legal Services (NLS) in Hartford, CT, where he remained as a staff attorney and general counsel for the next twenty years.
Bob serves as a Fact-Finder/Arbitrator/Attorney Trial Referee for the Judicial District of Hartford (1983-Present). He has previously served on the Statewide Grievance Committee (1996-2003) and has been a Small Claims Court Commissioner (1981-1994).
Attorney Kor has previously been elected to the Board of Directors of the Hartford County Bar Association, the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Bar Association (CBA), and the CBA’s House of Delegates. He is a member of the CT Employment Lawyers Association and the CT Trial Lawyers Association. Attorney Kor has served on West Hartford’s Advisory Council for Housing Matters and the West Hartford Fair Rent Commission. He is presently on the Board of Directors of West Hartford Rotary.
As the child of Holocaust victims, Bob understands what it means to be attacked and persecuted solely because of one’s religious beliefs and practices. As a member of the Anti-Defamation League of Connecticut, he served on the ADL’s Hate Crimes subcommittee and presently serves on its Civil Rights Committee.
Bob and his wife, Emily J. Moskowitz, live and practice law in West Hartford. They have three adult children, four grandchildren, two dogs and a cat.
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1977
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1973
- Connecticut, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- Citizens Advisory Council for Housing Matters, Council Member, 1982 to 2007
- West Hartford Fair Rent Commission, 1989 to 1994
- West Hartford Advisory Commission on Persons with Disabilities, 2000 to 2011
- Neighborhood Legal Services, VISTA Volunteer
- Statewide Grievance Committee, 1996 to 2003
- Small Claims Court Commissioner, 1981 to 1994
- Board of Directors of West Hartford Rotary
- Anti-Defamation League of Connecticut, Member
- ADL, Hate Crimes subcommittee
- ADL, Civil Rights Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1977 to Present
- Hartford County Bar Association, 1977 to Present
- Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association, 1995 to Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2005 to Present
- Hartford County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Connecticut Bar Association, Board of Governors
- CBA’s House of Delegates
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc., VISTA Attorney, 1977 to 1978
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc., Staff Attorney, 1978 to 1997
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc., General Counsel, 1990 to 1995